US court rules to temporarily suspend TikTok's removal The US court's ruling to suspend the removal of TikTok stems from Trump's ban on TikTok and WeChat in the US on August 6. The US Department of Commerce issued a statement on Friday, deciding to ban WeChat and TikTok from downloading and updating in US app stores starting September 20, and prohibiting WeChat from providing any services to transfer funds or process payments in the US. Since Trump issued an executive order to ban WeChat, Chinese Americans have spontaneously formed the WeChat User Association of America, planning to sue the US government to protect the rights of 5 million Chinese Americans to use WeChat. With the efforts of the WeChat User Association and others, the US District Court has issued a temporary injunction, and Trump's WeChat ban has been stopped by a US judge. The ban on TikTok will take effect at 11:59 p.m. local time on Sunday, September 27. The U.S. Department of Commerce prohibits Apple and Google app stores from providing download services for the short video app TikTok. On Wednesday, TikTok filed an emergency injunction with the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia in an attempt to stop this behavior. On Thursday local time, Judge Nichols, who heard the case, said the Trump administration must make a choice before Friday afternoon, either to postpone the ban on U.S. app stores providing downloads of the short video app TikTok (the overseas version of Douyin), or to submit legal documents to defend the decision in court.
US court rules to temporarily suspend TikTok's removal Judge Nichols questioned the argument of a Trump administration lawyer that Sunday's ban would not harm TikTok. "Despite the government's arguments, I am not convinced that an injunction would simply maintain the status quo and that this action would block hundreds of thousands of new TikTok users," the judge said. Previously, the WeChat ban was initially stopped by a US local judge, which eased the situation of the US version of WeChat, which was caught in the vortex of ban and removal. However, according to legal procedures, this was only a preliminary stop, and the US government can still appeal the execution of the ban on September 27. Therefore, on September 26, the US government once again requested to ban WeChat and asked Apple and Google app stores to remove it. In order to refute the previous decision to lift the ban, the U.S. Department of Justice filed another application to the court today, and the U.S. government once again requested to ban WeChat. In the motion, the U.S. Department of Justice stated that the judge's issuance of the ban was a mistake, emphasizing that the executive branch has determined that WeChat poses a threat to U.S. national security and foreign policy. The U.S. Department of Justice hopes to use the fast-track application channel to ask Judge Beeler, who previously stopped the WeChat ban, to respond before October 1. Wu Shengyang, a spokesman for the U.S. Micro-Enterprise Association, responded that they would respond to the Department of Justice as soon as possible in response to the U.S. government's renewed request to ban WeChat, and hold another hearing and debate with the U.S. Department of Justice to safeguard the legal rights of Chinese people to use WeChat.
US court rules to temporarily suspend TikTok's removal In order to support the US government's ban on WeChat again, the US Department of Justice released a 37-page memorandum from the Department of Commerce on September 17, which mentioned that WeChat phones and sensitive personal data of US users were stored in data centers in China and Canada. In addition, the US Department of Justice also submitted another confidential document to the court, accusing WeChat of possible threats. Everyone has seen the final result. Although the US government has reinstituted a ban on TikTok, the US court has ruled to suspend the implementation of the ban, which has given TikTok a chance to turn around. However, as the incident becomes more and more complicated, the attention paid to the entire incident is gradually cooling down. It is known that this kind of lawsuit will really last for several years. 【Editor's recommendation】
[Editor: Jiang Hua TEL: (010) 68476606] |
<<: Smart home, a bone that will eventually be chewed by NB-IoT?
The Industrial Internet platform is now very popu...
Wi-Fi 6 is the next generation wireless standard ...
In the vast world of systems engineering, which l...
"Talented people emerge in every generation,...
Preface With the advancement of the new four tren...
You’ve heard of edge computing. You may have even...
Enterprises are under increasing pressure to deli...
Anynode released a Black Friday discount plan, of...
RepriseHosting is a foreign hosting company found...
[[396055]] Recently, the Intellectual Property De...
Lisahost has launched a new Hong Kong ISP-type na...
During the epidemic prevention and control period...
In recent years, commercial real estate owners ha...
1. Introduction to QinQ The VLAN ID field defined...
Introduction The routing rules of traefik can imp...