On March 19, at the regular press conference hosted by Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Zhao Lijian, a reporter asked questions about the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) beginning to revoke the authorization of China Unicom Americas, Pacific Networks and its wholly-owned subsidiary ComNet to provide telecommunications services in the United States. In response, Foreign Ministry spokesperson Zhao Lijian said: "I have noted the relevant reports. China firmly opposes this. We urge the US to abide by the principles of market economy, stop generalizing the concept of national security and politicizing economic issues, stop abusing state power to unreasonably suppress Chinese companies, and provide a fair, just and non-discriminatory environment for Chinese companies to invest and operate in the United States. China will continue to take necessary measures to safeguard the legitimate rights and interests of Chinese companies." In response to the revocation of authorization, China Unicom said that the company has been operating in the US market for nearly 20 years through a completely legal subsidiary, and it expects the FCC to conduct a thorough, fair and fact-based review of the company's behavior. As early as April last year, several US agencies attacked China Telecom on the grounds of "national security" and asked the US Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to revoke its marketing license in the United States. China Telecom immediately refuted this argument. Subsequently, the Federal Communications Commission warned that it might shut down the US operations of three Chinese telecommunications companies, including China Telecom, China Unicom, Pacific Networks Corp and its subsidiary ComNet, on the grounds that these companies were "controlled by the Chinese government." In June 2020, China Telecom and China Unicom's US branches submitted an application to the Federal Communications Commission, urging the agency not to revoke the two companies' authorization to provide international communications services to the United States and to continue operating in the United States. |
<<: FCC votes to approve new round of 5G auction: once reserved for the US military
>>: 7 key SD-WAN trends to watch in 2021
Since the three major operators issued 5G commerc...
Justhost recently adjusted its website pages and ...
If we choose the most used function of mobile pho...
In the past two years, cloud computing companies ...
2020 is a critical year for 5G construction, and ...
We have talked a lot about network protocols befo...
A strange theory about wireless routers has appea...
[[424598]] Although major network operators are v...
Last time, I shared the End of Life Plans series ...
Nowadays, Wi-Fi has become an indispensable part ...
According to foreign media reports, in the past y...
On the afternoon of December 7, 2018, the first S...
Routers are the entrance to home networks. In the...
More and more industry cases tell us that F5G (fi...
[51CTO.com original article] Since the outbreak o...